Skip to main content

An opportunity of a life Time






         A few days into my first stay in Costa Rica, I awoke to Julie the intern inviting some people on a quick medical trip.  She mentioned that someone atop the hill at a place the locals call the 'high place' needed bandages changed due to a wound. As I walked the couple mile journey I begin to pray about where my future would be. Never had I ever thought of going into the medical field but the idea popped into my head that maybe going for my CNA license wouldn't be all that bad of an idea.  I told myself, "If I can deal with this wound which from the sounds of it sounded pretty nasty by Julie's description then I would apply to the program.  
           Now almost a year later I can thank this trip for inspiring me to take this class.  We are entering the last few weeks of clinicals and I am in love with this job.  Every day brings something new.  Each smile from my patient brings a smile to me as well. I find such joy in this program words can't explain it.  Who knows where I will be going next in my life, but I can't thank God enough for giving me the opportunity to go where ever it is He leads me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to CLING

At first I gave my life to God during a time of deep grief.  I needed a reason to believe there was something bigger and stronger than the pain I was feeling. As time went on I continued in my "faith."  When times were good I praised Him. In times of pain I questioned him, yet I never truly felt the same as the night I first surrendered to Him. It seemed through the ups and downs I began to slowly drift away. It wasn't util I stepped out of my comfort zone and saw how others all around the world were worshipping the same God that I began to question my faith.  My seemingly solid faith. It seemed their priorities were every different than mine. When I struggled to go to church once a week, they managed to go every night. When we were called to open our bibles, I flipped to the table of contents while others were already finished reciting the verse.  Their commitment was far greater than mine.  Their willingness to surrender came with willing hearts. How ...

Finding my Faith

“Follow your heart”, “Just do what you think is right” are two common themes young millennials pass around today.  How many Christians do you know who show up to church on Sunday’s, after a week full of slandering words, deceitful lies or nights of partying?  Our relationship with Christ becomes merely a check off box, an act of going with the motions.   As inviting as the “Follow your heart message” is it can be devastating to our spiritual lives. Our salvation comes from our faith, not our feelings (Ephesians 2:8).  Feelings & emotions are inconsistent, continuously changing due to the tides of circumstances around us.  Before we even realize it we become victims to our own thoughts which often lead us to making ungodly, unwise, self-centered decisions.  Instead of dying to self, and surrendering daily we spend our time trying to desperately control our failings, fighting for the next fleeting pleasure. Maybe we do set a day, cup of coffee in...

A God of Grace

            Life has a way of becoming at times over bearing. Between essays, work hours, and times of trials it may be very hard to see the good in situations.  We may cry out to God in these times, questioning how long this pain will last, and what tomorrow may bring.  Jesus said, "The one who endures to the end will be saved." (Mark 13:13)  Peter promises the tired and broken hearted Christians, "And after you have suffered a little while, the God of grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself, restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." (1 Peter 5:10)            It is assured in the Bible that God will not cause us to fight these hardships of life longer than we can endure.  Though at times the weight of the world feels heavy upon on shoulders, God is there is there to remind us always that He is the God of all grace, peace and mercy.  It is said, "Through many t...